Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Expander check-up...

Emmeline had an appointment yesterday at Great Smiles. She saw Dr. Weissman who showed her photos of how her palate used to look, and then compared those to what Emmeline looks like currently.
After her examination, she realized that Emmeline was going to need to continue the expansion for 10 additional turns, once her original 20 are complete. Miss Friend took it in stride, of course! See this video for her thoughts on the matter!




 We love Dr. Weissman. Coincidentally, she was my little brother's orthodontist as well. She remembers Seth, and is always interested to hear how he's doing (and if he's still wearing his retainer).

Emmeline is doing so well with the expander, and the tongue crib, too. She has maintained a wonderful attitude, and I think that is making all the difference. We haven't been posting much the past week because flu and strep overtook the Glenn household. We will get back to regularly scheduled programming now that we are almost recovered!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Emmeline! You got this! My son Max had his extender put in Tuesday. He is really struggling with eating. We had a break through last night and he was able to finish a banana and half a piece of pizza. He wanted me to ask you a question. When you are at school, how to you clean out any food that gets stuck? We had turn one last night of 14, then we go back to see his progress. So far no pain at all. Just problems with eating and adjusting to his speech. Hang in there Emmeline! You got this! Max says hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Emmeline: I had trouble too. it is hard so don't feel alone. I had trouble eating. I ate soft food first and then I moved onto chips. It can be really REALLY hard. I wasn't good at talking at all. it was really annoying.Hope it'll feel better. What I do is if any food gets stuck I keep a toothbrush kit In a purse and ask if I get food stuck to go brush my teeth. I'll do a video showing what i keep in my bag. its a toothbrush and a mirror and floss. hope that helps. bye 😊

      Delete