Thursday, March 9, 2017

Tongue thrust photo history...

Here's a few photos of Emmeline's tongue thrust. Just as I did with her cross bite, I thought that the tongue thrust was just a habit that she might grow out of. Little did I know it was a symptom of her top jaw being a little too narrow.

This photo from May 2015 is the first one that
I found with an obvious tongue thrust.
I believe this is when she began this habit.
In this photo from the Summer 2016,
you can just see her tongue poking out between her teeth.

November 2016.
This fall, her tongue thrust was much more prevalent. 
November 2016.
In the fall, her tongue thrust was much more prevalent. 

 
In this photo, she isn't pushing her tongue forward.
After her first appointment she was more
aware and did it much less. 
I hope this post is helpful. Emmeline is getting used to her tongue crib, so I hope that it will work to train her to break this habit. I have no idea if she could have trained herself not to do this without her tongue crib, but she is adapting quickly to talking and eating with it in place.

~Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment