Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Emmeline's Second Appointment - XRays, Spacers and Scans

I got there and I was called to the back room and they took pictures of my smile and inside my mouth. I had to hold my lip back with a plastic thing and hold a mirror in my mouth (which hurt a little) so they could see all of my teeth. 

They scanned inside my mouth with a wand. And I had to hold my mouth open for a while. They did this instead of making a mold of my mouth. I'm glad I didn't have to do that. And they took some other pictures of me and got X-rays of my mouth.

I saw Dr. Weisman today. She put my spacers in. Those will make the space for my palate expander to go around my teeth. Everyone was really nice. Even the people who weren't helping me. And they gave me a shirt. And the next time I go there and I wear that shirt I get a prize.

It hurt when they put the spacers in but it stopped after a few minutes. Hope you aren't nervous. This appointment wasn't too bad for me. I hope it's okay for you too.

-Emmeline

(This appointment took place on 2/7. It will take about 2 weeks for the palate expander to be created using the digital scan of Emmeline's mouth. Our appointment for that to be placed is on 2/23. -Mama)

No comments:

Post a Comment