Thursday, February 23, 2017

The expander goes in...

From Emmeline:
Hi! I got my palate expander and it felt weird.


The glue taste really really nasty. My spacer had broken and they put another one in for 20 minutes. While I waited for that to work I went to the Tot Lot and swung.


They gave me this cool mold of my mouth that I get to keep!


The expander went in okay the second try. If you think a spacer might be messed up or broken, tell your parent so they can take you to have it fixed. I had to help push it onto my tooth by biting on a stick which was okay.


But it's in and I have a milkshake.


They let my mom turn it the first time in the office today. Only 19 more turns to go!

Also, it's hard to talk. Watch my video and you'll see.


(From Mama: There's a picture above of the technician showing my how to get the key in there and turn the apparatus. I was very glad that I got to practice with it out of her mouth, as well as turn it after they put it in while I was at the office so that I could see how to do that! Also, I totally have Emmeline's tooth sculpture on my desk at work. It is kinda cool and creepy to have a mold of your kid's smile staring back at you. All in all, it was a very painless visit today. Emmeline is having a little trouble talking, and I'll be interested to hear how dinner goes. I'm at work, so David will be handling the mashed potatoes tonight! We hope to post tomorrow!)

4 comments:

  1. You can STILL do Lin-Manuel proud! You're a rockstar even with a mouth full of metal! -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so awesome Emmeline!!!! We are proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete