Sunday, February 19, 2017

Video: Emmeline Before the Expander

From Mama:

One thing that I wish I could find on the internet was a video of a child Emmeline's age talking before and after getting a palate expander. I thought that would help prepare her for what was coming. Alas... I couldn't find anything.

So, we decided to do a little video series. She's going to read the same book every day and we will post videos so that we can see the progress. I hope that this will help some kids see how this palate expander will affect their speech. I also hope that it will help give Emmeline something to compare her speaking to once she has the palate expander.


After her appointment on Thursday (February, 23, 2017), we will continue to post as often as we can, not only for other's to see how a palate expander and tongue crib change speech, but also so that Emmeline can gauge her progress on learning to talk with the appliance in her mouth.

Hope this is helpful!

2 comments: